Monday, June 18, 2007

Bugs

Yes, we've been busy. Real busy the past three weeks trying to get to feature complete and whittling down the bug list. Today, for the first time in weeks, I actually felt good about our status. We're going to be code complete tomorrow, and release the website update on Thursday. It's not over yet of course as many unexpected things can still go wrong between today and Thursday. But for now I can breathe a sigh of relief.

Bug-wise, we're down to less than ten bugs. All but two of them are assigned to me, and I guess that's what I'm doing tomorrow, along with updating the setup document. During long coding stretches such as this, you get tensed up, your brain is hyperactive trying to get the bugs fixed in a reasonable amount of time, and keep everyone happy, the testers, managers, etc. It's a lonely and stressful time, but it feels good when it's all done.

No comments: